Working in Buffalo
The City of Good Neighbors
This is Buffalo
Think about Buffalo, New York for a moment. Are you thinking about the snow? Then your impression of the city needs an upgrade. Meet the New Buffalo. With over $1 billion in new investments, restored historic architecture, new hotels, amazing food, nightlife, and an arts and culture scene like no other. Buffalo is fun, welcoming, and endlessly surprising.
Western New York is not only a great place to work, but it’s a great place to live. Known as the “City of Good Neighbors,” Buffalo is often recognized for having some of the friendliest citizens in the country. From performing arts venues to weekend festivals and two national sports teams, there is always something fun and exciting to do in Western New York. Plus, the cost of living is among the lowest in the Northeast.
Get to Know Buffalo
Some of what makes Buffalo great
Of all the many things to love about Buffalo, here are some of our favorites:
1. Buffalo is the second-largest city in New York State, with a population of approximately 1.3 million people (including the surrounding metropolitan area).
2. Home of 2 professional sports teams (Including the only NFL team that plays its home games in the state of NY)
3. Only a short distance from Niagara Falls and 90 minutes from Toronto
4. Average homes sale price is $111k
5. 33 Colleges and Universities
6. Is home to 8 live theaters, a cinema, galleries and significant architectural sites.
7. Is reconstructing the historic terminus of the Erie Canal creating a significant regional and national tourism destination.
8. Attracts 7 million visitors annually to sporting events, festivals, concerts, theatres and tradeshows.
9. Residents also enjoy the area’s cultural attractions, like Frank Lloyd Wright’s Darwin D. Martin House and the Albright-Knox Art Gallery.
10. Features more than 60 restaurants and bars, catering to all culinary tastes.